Saturday, September 26, 2009

with thanks....

One afternoon I spent the hours in the company of my dear friends Ali and Ev, making these cards to thank so many friends who helped us to celebrate Peter's life. Even the thought of picking up paper and scissors had been too hard, but friends bolster you in ways I dont understand but accept with thanks.

It was fitting that the ingredients came from other friends.... a store of images stamped with Debbies SU Embrace Life, and lengths of ribbon from the Poobahs. I played with a little bit of colour and my blender pens, sometimes added gold or pearls, and found extra images from the SU Fifth Avenue Florals.

Who could know that the time spent stamping multiple copies of beautiful flowers would be needed so soon?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards from a lovely lady to celebrate an amazing man - just wish I had been there to help you make them! Sorry you had to put up with Ali without me - LOL.
    Hope we can get together soon...
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These card are simply gorgeous!
    Blessings to you.
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Debbie said. They are truly lovely, Carolann. I wish I could be there with you in person, but hope my good thoughts and love across the miles help in some way. Friends are such a blessing in times like these. God gives them to us for just this reason!

    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful and I am glad that you have friends near you to help you get through this loss. But I'm glad you have assembled these using items from your other friends - those of us out here on the 'net who wish they could be there to just well, be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards Carolann! But yet, so hard to make... You are in my thoughts and prayers!! Even though we're far apart, you are in my heart! :) God Bless... Michelle

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......