Something to start the weekend with..... Discovered this site the other day and this is my first contribution. Every Friday there's a new set of cloze exercises, which must appeal to the teacher in me, and you just have to fill them in. No prizes, just a lot of fun reading everyone-else's options.
1. Apples are to oranges as silence is to loneliness.
2. All cats should be black and that's all I have to say about that.
3. I think I hear the smoke alarm from the kitchen which means my dinner is burning!!
4. I surrender, here's my white flag.
5. Do what you want to do, but just let me finish this chapter.
6. First there was a runaway chef and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with potatoes.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to bed, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and Sunday, I want to stay in bed!