Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tiny little masterpeices

...well, maybe not, but they're fun to do and OH so fiddly.  I still think in inches to sew, but hadn't realised how much decimal measurement had infiltrated my life til I set out to make a collection of inchies.  The inch in my mind is about four times bigger than the inch on my ruler!!





These are some summer themed ones I made - using up lots of little images from my decoupage boxes, and thinking about what summer brings to mind - holidays and sunshine and not wearing very much and sitting around being lazy, and also the bush-fires we dread every year, and the drought that continues month after month after month.  I confess to adding a frame to each one because they seemed so tiny and lost.........

I'm working on a collection to rival my ATCs, and here are some others from friends...the amazing Electra can pack so much into such a tiny space - and she doesn't feel the need to frame hers!! I think my favourite is the yacht, but that's just because I'd rather be sailing.........




Just the other day, in celebration of summer, these little masterpieces came from Jana who was my inspiration to go down this miniature path.  Love the picnic basket, but I'd be very wary of that friendly looking crab.....


  
Here's a link with how to get your head around some small acts of craftiness...  Try one.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/89003/forums/read/13687414/Inchies_Twinchies_Rinchies_Rolos_Moos_Oh_My

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the inchies you sent. They ARE masterpieces. And so much fun to see what everyone else has made. Loving this group of inchies. Fall should be our next one, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......