Saturday, October 17, 2009

Opus Gluei Challenge #28 Blue

I was so pleased with my plan for this card which meant I'd actually have the right thing for Dad next year, but when I put it all together..... well, it doesn't really do what I wanted. So I'll put it on the bottom of the learning curve, and maybe I'll stick to black and white instead!!

Cant give many specifics about the DP I used because I was reall
y clever and cut off the label, but the side I DIDN'T use is shades of sepia with faded images of ropes and compasses, and the other side is this old blue-print style with ships' plans all over it. My Dad is one of those Wind in the Willows "messing about in boats" sort of man, so the paper is just his style. The boat is layered on two shades of blue CS along with a length of sea-blue satin ribbon. The cogs are from the SU Sense of Time set, embossed with hologram dust. The sentiment is from Sweet 'n' Sassy.

It could have been better, but now I've run out of blue!

5 comments:

  1. Love that DP - and it sounds like it's the perfect choice for your dad! Not sure why you aren't happy with it - is it just because it's not in your "comfort" zone??? I think the blue is wonderful!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card turned out really great. Perfect for your father. I think you should give it to him. He'll LOVE it. It has a boat, it is masculine AND it was made by YOU. Parents love this sort of stuff. (I know I do.) I am VERY impressed with you leaving your comfort zone. Thanks for playing with us again. We Opus Gluei Poobahs love your interpretation of our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's perfect! I think perhaps you can't be objective because using color is unusual for you, but let me say... fear not! Your dad will love it! Great idea to add the cogs and the sparkles.

    Love and hugs dear girl!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could have been better? What? I agree with the above poster that this is just outside of your comfort zone - has to be that - because it is marvelous.

    I love this, it's a man's card but it isn't boring in the least - it has color and a little bit of glitter in a way that really makes it special. He is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it Carolann! Perfect for Father's Day... the embossed sentiment makes it extra special and these colors are very calming, and yet balance out perfect... you truly do inspire me and thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Hope to be posting more as life is balancing out more... YEAH! :)

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......