Sunday, May 4, 2014

Using Flowers

Once upon a time I would have been the last person in my group to use flowers on ANYTHING...now I'm the person with the greatest collection of every colour shape and size.  Not that it means I ever have exactly what I want of course.........

No matter......this is my response to our challenge at Opus Gluei to use flowers.  I think the paper is perhaps the first designer piece I bought and I almost didn't want to use it.  On the other hand, you cant keep everything forever.

Once bravely stepping outside the black and white that is my comfort-zone, I have compounded the whole thing by creating the base from a piece of pink (eeeek) card stock. 

There are shiny brads and glittery bits, and even ribbon - if you'e going to step out, you might as well make the step a decent sized one!! 

Better get back to what I do better for next time.

2 comments:

  1. Well, when you put your mind to it, Chat Noir, you are great with colors. Now, I admire your black and white creations because you always make something that is chic and elegant and classic but I also love those occasions when you take a foray into more colors. This card is but one example. Personally, I love the ribbons, brads, and subtle glimmer, it's so happy. THANK YOU taking the color plunge, sure came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Rosemary, but I have to say I think I like the next card better. Should have waited and posted it for this challenge instead!!

      Delete

love to know what you think.......