Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Circles.... (OG 172)

How often have I walked through a store and seen these paper pom-poms and said to myself "they'd be easy to make"....and then totally forgotten once home again? Countless times I'm sure - but not this week, because my fellow Poobah Deena from the Opus Gluei team currently has us spinning in circles, and just before I fell to the floor with more than the usual dizziness, I had an "Ah-ha" moment....

First decide on the paper you want, and find some ribbon or cord that matches it, then use a circle punch to cut at least 5 circles from the paper.  I used 7 circles in the orange one and 5 in the black one.  I think 7 looks better, but if the paper was glittery and textured, maybe 5 would be fine (I've seen ones as big as dinner plates and they were made with only four).  Once you have your circles, fold them neatly in half and really press the fold to make it sharp.  Glue the halves together with double sides tape, slotting in the ribbon as you go.  If you use cord, make sure the adhesive holds really well.

I should have made these for Christmas........Ah well, there's always next year.

2 comments:

love to know what you think.......