Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

The older I get, the more like my mother I find myself becoming.  To look at us, we dress similarly and our hair is cut the same way, and just today someone asked us if we were sisters.  Which probably means she doesn't look her age and I do!!

One of the other things we share is a leaning towards black and white, so this year it was even easier to make a suitable card for Mothers Day.  The DP is from the March Key Ingredients set from Taylored Expressions and I was so glad when I realised it was double-sided, because I've been struggling with the colours on the opposite side since I opened the box!!  The flowers are my old favourite SU Eastern Blooms, embossed in gold and terracotta, with a couple of pearls added.
 
We celebrate Mothers Day in a very old-fashioned way with flowers and a meal out somewhere special, so this year we're going back to the NGV for high tea.  We'll be the two women in black sharing a pot of tea while my Dad and my son work their way through the menu.

3 comments:

  1. I love this understated elegance.
    Hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a lovely mum if you're like her!!! And your card is fabulous - that stamp set was made for you! You have created a beautifully elegant card!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, now I know where your fondness for b/w comes from, it's genetic! Wish I could be there to see you enjoying tea. I bet your mom loved the card, it's very Carolann - elegant, classic, and full of style.

    ReplyDelete

love to know what you think.......